Honours, Awards, and Grants
- Alberta Innovates Research Grant, Geothermal Power from co-produced fluids and hydrocarbon reservoirs throughout the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin, $950,000. PI: Jonathan Banks, Collaborator: Lianne Lefsrud.
- NSERC Connect Grant, Tailings Safety Symposium, $7500, PI: Lianne Lefsrud.
- Best Article by the Canadian Association for the Study of Discourse and Writing (CASDW) published in 2017 for Dirty Oil or Ethical Oil? Visual Rhetoric in Legitimation Struggles
- NSERC Discovery Grant, Developing Safety Management System Models, $142,500. PI: Lianne Lefsrud.
- SSHRC Partnership Development Grant, Enhancing Regulatory Effectiveness and Corporate Performance, $135,708. PIs: Lianne Lefsrud, Heather Eckert and Joel Gehman. VP Research, University of Alberta, $30,000, Faculty of Engineering $30,000.
- University of Alberta Award for Outstanding Mentorship in Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities, Nominee.
- Kule Institute of Advanced Studies (KIAS), cluster grant Advancing Environmental Impact Assessment for Canada’s Socio-Ecological Systems, $70,000. PIs: Debra Davidson & Ian Stewart. Collaborators: Brenda Parlee, Kevin Jones, Lianne Lefsrud.
- Invited Speaker and Lecturer on Sustainability, Jerusalem School of Business Administration, Hebrew University of Jerusalem. $10,000. Asper Foundation.
- Confederation of Alberta Faculty Associations (CAFA) Distinguished Academic Early Career Award
- Construction Owners Association of Alberta and Mitacs, Creating a Positive Safety Culture and Continuous Improvement in Alberta’s Construction Industry, research grant, $15,000. PI: Lianne Lefsrud.
- Creative sentencing research grant, Protecting Worker Safety in Alberta by Enhancing Field Level Hazard Assessments and Training for Ground Hazards Associated with Tailings Facilities, Dams, and Systems, $285,000. PI: Lianne Lefsrud, co-PIs: Renato Macciotta and Michael Hendry
- Future Energy Systems Research Co-investigator in Geothermal ($277,000), Resilient Reclaimed Land and Water Systems (TBD), and Community and Aboriginal Affairs (TBD) themes.
- Undergraduate Research Initiative stipend: Workplace Culture: Diversity in Engineering. $5000.
- MITACS, IBM Canada, Cerebri AI, Canada’s Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA), Multi-Perspective Text Analysis of Social Knowledge Networks. $195,119. PIs: Kelly Lyons, Eleni Stroulia, Lianne Lefsrud.
- Alberta OHS Futures Research Funding Program, Improving OHS Performance with OHS and Environmental Creative Sentencing Spillovers. $37,700. PIs: Heather Eckert & Lianne Lefsrud.
- Seeding Food Innovation 2016 program, Social dimensions of climate change mitigation in Alberta agriculture, $140,801. PIs: Debra Davidson, Andreas Hamann & Lianne Lefsrud.
- Genome Canada, Large-Scale Applied Research Project Competition, Natural Resources and the Environment: Sector Challenges, Managing Microbial Corrosion in Canadian Offshore & Onshore Oil Production Operations, $7,850,739. PIs: Lisa Gieg, Faisal Khan, John Wolodko. Collaborator: Lianne Lefsrud ($67,400).
- Data Grant, Alberta Workers Compensation Board, Assessing Partners’ OHS Tools for Improving Alberta Workplace Safety. PIs: Lianne Lefsrud & Joel Gehman.
- Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) Blended Learning Award – ENGG404: Engineering Safety and Risk Management – Leadership in Risk Management, $22,000. PIs: John Cocchio and Lianne Lefsrud.
- Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) Summer Student Employment Award, $7,000, PI: Lianne Lefsrud, co-PI: John Cocchio.
- Research Grant, Creating a Basis for Genuine Dialogue: Developing a Science-Based Understanding of Public/Industry Communication, Alberta Chamber of Resources, $35,000. PIs: Lianne Lefsrud and Chris Westbury.
- NSERC Engage Grant, Using first- and second-order lexical co-occurrence to assess temporal changes in media valence and content, $25,000. PI: Chris Westbury, collaborator: Lianne Lefsrud.
2013 - 2017
- Most read paper, Organization Studies (FT45 journal), every month February 2013 – present (except in February 2015, #2 to a paper on Game Theory by Greece’s finance minister)
2013 - 2015
- Dow Sustainability Research Fellowship and Erb Research Fellowship, $175,000
- Best Paper Award, European Group of Organizational Studies, 2000 €
- Best Practice Paper 2013, Academy of Management ONE Division & Network for Business Sustainability (NBS), finalist
- TEDx speaker
- SSHRC Partnership Development Grant, Engendering Engineering Success, $194,000, collaborator
- Best International Paper, Organization and Management Theory (OMT) Division, Academy of Management, finalist
- Dissertation Award, Kule Institute for Advanced Studies (KIAS), $7,000
- Best Reviewer, Social Issues in Management (SIM) Division, Academy of Management
2011 - 2009
- Izaak Walton Killam Scholarship, Killam Trust, National level scholarship, $54,000
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRCC) Doctoral Fellowship, $40,000
- President’s Doctoral Prize of Distinction, University of Alberta, $20,000
- Research Grant, Energy and Environment Solutions, Alberta Innovates, $46,000
- Doctoral Exchange Program Fellowship, $25,000
- Persons Case Scholarship, Province of Alberta, $5,000
- Engineers Canada TD Insurance Meloche Monnex National Scholarship, $7,500
- Alice E. Wilson Award, Canadian Federation of University Women, $6,000
- Provost Doctoral Awards, University of Alberta, $4,400
- Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship (Doctoral), Province of Alberta, $15,000